Jewish Dating Review has an insider on Jaters, a free new online dating service headquartered in Denmark trying to use the latest technology to bring people together.
How many Jewish members do you have?
We are a completely new site with about 100 members so far, but as we are getting more publicity and our members are satisfied and bringing other people in, we believe to we will grow bigger and bigger in a matter of a couple of months.
What religious affiliations do you cater to? (i.e. orthodox, reform, Chasidic)
Our main motto is “we are all Jewish – No matter whom you are”. Therefore ALL Jewish people are welcome: from unaffiliated to the most orthodox. We are trying to give the freedom of choice to our members instead of choosing for them who they can find in our site.
What is your price and trial offer?
It is all FREE !!! There are no payments for membership or trials.
Features offered: chat etc.
Complete communication center: views, kisses, hot members, friends list…
· Audio+video profiles.
· Photos for all to see and photos where the member choose to give to other members with password
· Chat where the members can choose the design they like to have.
· Integrated MP3 player in the chat (to listen while you are chatting)
· Integrated IM(private messages) in every page with photos of the member one is chatting with.
· Shout box – members “answer machine”
· Open forum
· Guest book for every member
· Smart mailbox with “online” history on the members profile (have I written to them, how many times and links to the mails)
· Rate photos of members
· Top 100 members (by rate)
· Smart search – Other than sex, state and country…one can search by photos or distance from post code
· Matchmaking mails
· Smart online events lists, directly in the users control panel
Service type: member contacts the person they’re interested in, matchmaker contacts member if they think there is a match or other?
Members can look for others themselves but there is also a matchmaker on our site that will send mail to the users depending on who they are, what they are looking for and the percentage of match that they would like to get mails for
What is the age range of your typical members?
How many Jewish couples have you matched up?
None so far..we are too new J
What makes your service unique?
My partner and I are both very experienced daters, and we has seen it all. We built up this site to give our member the ultimate Jewish dating site with all the latest futures (..And there are many others to come. We are working on some new ones that NO ONE has), and we are trying to give our member an open minded site – some are looking for love and romance and others are looking for some fun and flirt. We are trying to brake the “old” boring standard and give the members the choice to choose that person they feel like.
- Quick what time is shabbos? - June 29, 2010
- Big Girl, Big Inspiration - September 24, 2008
- The Lion of Logic: Lessons are Everywhere - August 4, 2008