You are on your way to your first date with him. Probably a blind date. Here are some basic things you need to know, in order to make it a successful one or what you should do if things go wrong. (This article has been written with the help of my wife, Mona)
- Donâ€™t come to the date without makeup. You could be one of them that prefer the â€œnatural lookâ€ but that doesnâ€™t mean that you canâ€™t magnified your natural beauty. He will have enough chances to see you as you are, if all will go well after this date.
- On the other hand, donâ€™t over do it. You are not on your way to a Marlin Mansonâ€™s concert. You are not a 100 years old yet and you donâ€™t need to cover your wrinkles up just yet. If you have beautiful eyes, let him see them. The same goes with your lips or other parts of your face.
- Donâ€™t be late! Yes. They say that he needs to wait for you and that you can use the â€œfashionably lateâ€ term, but that leaves bad impression and it will be a pity to start like that.
- Donâ€™t come to the date with the impression of â€œwhy am I coming to this date anyway? This is a waste of my time.â€ If you really think like that, cancel it. Just do it nicely and tell him that. Donâ€™t let him wait for you there without knowing that you are not coming.
- Be light. Laugh with him at his jokes, but donâ€™t overreact. Men can â€œsmellâ€ it, and thatâ€™s a turn off.
- Eat and drink, but donâ€™t overdo it unless your attentions are to make him run away.
- Take a chance. If you really like this guy, ask for his number. Yes, traditionally, it is him that needs to make the first move, but donâ€™t you think that we are over those days? If you feel like dancing with him, ask him. This is also your chance to â€œtestâ€ things â€“ if he will get scared or will show sings of â€œnot interestedâ€, then he is not your guy, right?
- If you donâ€™t agree with him about thing you are talking about, donâ€™t attack him! He is only as nervous as you are. Anyway, they say that one should not fit on the first date.
- Donâ€™t tell him when you need to leave, so you will have the chance to leave when you feel like if things go wrong.
- Tell him about yourself but not too much â€“ You donâ€™t know where this relationship is going to just yet.
About the Author
Yair Czitrom is the owner and webmaster of jaters.com – An experienced online dater that took his dating knowledge and web skills as a dater and as an IT pro to help other daters/singles in todayâ€™s cyber world. He is an expert writer on ezinearticles.com and searchwarp.com